The Kanopy Baby approach to privacy
For your peace of mind and safety, we have taken all the essential measures to make sure that information you give us remains private and secure. We do not collect any credit card or other payment information. We use Stripe and PayPal to process all orders directly. We never see or store your credit card information on our servers. This ensures that your payment information is processed with total confidentiality. When you sign up for an account with us, our Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software encrypts all contact information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, we follow strict security procedures required in the United States and Europe in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us to prevent unauthorized access.
- How do we gather information?
- What information do we gather about you?
- How do we use your information?
- Do we share your information?
- How do I access or change my information?
- How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
- How do we protect kids’ privacy?
- How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?
- How is my information used for behavioral or targeted advertising and what choices do I have?
- What if I share content on your websites?
- How do I know my personal information is secure?
- Privacy rights unique to particular jurisdictions.
- California customers.
- European Union Customers.
- How do I contact Kanopy Baby?
- International transfers and processing of personal data.
- Links to other websites and services.
When do we gather information?
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- If you sign up for an account on our websites
- If you order products from us
- If you upload or share a photo or other digital content through one of our websites
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion
- If you return a product or use a rebate
We also collect information from you passively. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, pixels, and web beacons. Please see “How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?” for more information.
We may use information from online media sources such as websites, social media and information sharing platforms. This information may be used to help tailor and improve our services and communicate with you effectively. Where we use information from these sources, we will respect any permissions you have set about how you would like your information to be used. We recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you on any online media channels, so these can be followed.
What information do we gather about you?
- When you sign up for an account or order products from us, we will collect your name and contact details.
- If you enter a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion, we will gather the personal data you provide to enter.
- We also collect information from you passively. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, pixels, and web beacons. Please see “How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?” for more information.
- When you visit our Website, we may record the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .com, .net, and .org, your browser type, the operating system you are using, your media access control address (“MAC address”), your received signal strength indicator (“RSSI”), where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, any search terms that you entered on our website, and other technical information.
- We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from your activities on our site, and/or information we receive from our joint marketing partners and unrelated third parties.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions.
- To help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences and provide consistent, personalized services and experiences across our brands.
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services.
- To enhance your on-line shopping experience.
- To help us understand how to provide product information to our customers in the most effective way.
- To analyze trends and statistics.
- To improve our technology.
- To display online advertisements to you.
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
- To comply with a court order, subpoena, or request from a governmental or law enforcement agency.
- To contact you if necessary.
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information, emails, calls or texts. For instructions on opting out, please see the section entitled, “How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?” below.
Do we share your information?
All information we collect about you may be shared with our affiliates and subsidiaries.
We may also share information about you with unaffiliated third parties for purposes of providing services to us. For example, when you complete a purchase, we may share information about you and your purchase with other companies for the purpose of processing your transaction, including credit card authorization, and order processing and fulfillment. We will share your information with our other service providers who collect, manage, and analyze our customer information on our behalf and perform services on our behalf, such as sending promotions and other communications and conducting contests and surveys.
Where we gather the personal data you provide to enter into a sweepstakes, competition or other promotion, and where you have consented to third parties receiving your data, we and/or a third party will process your entry. As the promoter of the sweepstakes, contest, or promotion, we may use third parties to assist us. If this is the case the third party will be named in the sweepstakes, contest, or promotion’s terms and conditions. In addition, where we do so, we will ensure there is a contract in place which covers their services to us, and which includes data protection requirements. Your personal data may be used by us and/or third parties assisting with providing any sweepstakes, contest, or promotion, to communicate with you on any matter relating to the sweepstakes, contest, or promotion and to administer prizes. Your name may also be used by us, with your consent, in the publication of Competition winners, for example in social media channels, such use will be set out in the separate terms and conditions of entry for the sweepstakes, contest, or promotion.
We may share information about you if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Kanopy Baby, Inc. or our brands, including Mac and Moon.
When you use our websites and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for all of the purposes in this Privacy Statement.
How do I access or change my information?
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our online sites (such as your name and contact information) by logging in to your account with your login and password and editing your account profile.
You can also ask us to update your personal information by contacting us as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?” below. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and 6-8 weeks for your postal mail request.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, from one or more of our brands, you can let us know by contacting our customer service as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?”. Our promotional emails will also have links at the bottom of each message that you can use to update your communication preferences or to unsubscribe entirely.
If contacting customer service, please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from us. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a “do not contact” file to ensure that we can honor your request. It may take up to 10 days to process your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging into your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit our websites or our stores or when you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or by contacting customer service.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email, or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
How do we protect kids’ privacy?
We are concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our websites are general audience sites and are not targeted to or intended for use by children. However, if we learn that we have received information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information from our database. We support and comply with the United States’ Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Article 8 and Recitals (38) and (58).
How do we use browser and mobile-based cookies and other tracking technologies?
Cookies, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies also help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences, tell us which parts of our website you have visited, facilitate and measure the effectiveness of our advertisements, and provide consistent and personalized services and experiences.
These technologies may be used to collect “click-stream data,” which includes information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the sites and our online ads.
Pixel tags in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us.
We may combine the information we collect through these technologies with other information we have collected from and about you and use it as described in this policy.
How is my information used for behavioral or targeted advertising and what choices do I have?
We also work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. For more information about this practice and to understand your options including how to opt out of receiving these tailored advertisements, please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
Please note that even if you opt-out, these tracking technologies may still collect data and you will still see ads, but they will not be targeted based upon the information collected through these tracking technologies.
What if I share content on your websites
If you choose to share certain content on our websites, such as pictures, Kanopy Baby, Inc., and our Brands, including Mac and Moon, will receive information about you. Your pictures may also contain metadata that provide additional information, for example, information about your location, and they may be tagged on certain social media sites in a manner that reveals the identities of the subjects. If you do not wish us to receive this information, you should not share content on our websites.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to help protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our websites, we use encryption technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us.
If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, or if you’re not quite comfortable shopping online at any of our websites, please feel free to place your order with us by telephone at the number listed in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?”, below. Your comfort and safety is always a priority for us.
Despite our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about our security practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy rights unique to particular jurisdictions
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Kanopy Baby, Inc., and its Brands, who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at Mac and Moon Customer Service, 165 Ottley Drive NE, suite 208, Atlanta, GA 30324.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org. As described above, we deploy cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons and other technologies on our websites. Those tools may be used by us to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
European Union Customers:
Kanopy Baby respects the following GDPR rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to lodge a complaint. If you reside in the European Union (EU), Clio is the controller of your personal information for purposes of European data protection legislation. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- The right to access to your personal data: You have a right of access to your personal information undergoing processing. Kanopy Baby may charge a reasonable, administrative fee, if further copies of information are requested.
- The right to rectification: you have the right to rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you. You may update or correct your personal data by logging into your account and making necessary corrections.
- The right to erasure: you have the right to request erasure of your personal data.
- The right to restriction of processing: in certain situations, you have the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to receive your personal data, in a in a commonly used electronic format and have the right to ask us to transmit that data to another controller.
- The right to object: where we process your data based on our legitimate interest to do so, or when processed for marketing purposes, you have the right to object.
- Withdrawal of consent: When we process your information, we do so with your consent, and/or as necessary to provide the products and services you have requested, to operate our business, to fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect the security of our systems and our customers, or to fulfill other legitimate interests. If the processing of your information is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing.
- Use of personal information after death [French customers only]: you have the right to give directives relating to the disposal of your personal information after your death.
If you wish to exercise one or more of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
How can I contact Kanopy Baby?
165 Ottley Dr. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
International transfers and processing of personal data
The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the jurisdiction you are in where we and our third-party service providers have operations. If you are located in the European Union (EU), your personal information will be processed outside of the EU including in the United States. This means that your personal information may be subject to United States law, including, but not limited to, disclosure under United States legislation such as the Patriot Act. International transfers of your personal information are made pursuant to appropriate safeguards. If you wish to enquire further about these safeguards used, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to other websites and services
Our websites may contain links to third-party websites, and some of our services provide you with access to third party services. We have no control over how third-party websites and services process your personal information. We do not review third-party websites and services, and we are not responsible for such third-party websites and services or their privacy practices. Please read the privacy statements of any third-party websites or services that you access from our websites or services.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
165 Ottley Dr. NE, Suite 208
Atlanta, GA 30324